This simple but delicious dairy-free dip can be whipped up in seconds in a blender.
Type of Dish: Snack
Equipment: High speed blender or food processor
Servings: Makes 1 to 2 servings
- 1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, soaked between 30 minutes to 6 hours
- salt to taste
- cayenne to taste
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender that can handle nuts, or use food processor. Make sure the bell pepper is on the bottom.
- Add salt and cayenne to taste.
- Blend and pour into a bowl.
- Serve with celery sticks or other sliced vegetables.
- Chilli Powder, Paprika, Cayenne, Curry
Autoimmune Alternative: Paleo Hummus
Equipment: Blender or food processor
Servings: Makes 4 servings.
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for garnish
- juice of one lemon
- 2 medium/large cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 TB minced fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a blender with the zucchini chunks on the bottom. Blend until smooth.
- Serve “hummus” in a bowl, top with parsley, drizzled olive oil and (optional) paprika. Serve with sliced vegetables and/or green lettuce leaves.